- CPA required
- BS Accounting
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in financial auditing with a public-accounting firm (i.e. Big 4 firm or mid to large-sized public accounting firm with publicly traded clients), with at least one client that was an SEC registrant and with at least 5 of those years in a senior staff position managing five or more staff
- Experience managing the Sarbanes-Oxley 404 compliance process and coordination with external auditors
- Experience in facilitating, delivering, and creating presentations at the executive and/or board level
- Superior knowledge of internal control frameworks (COSO), SEC reporting, GAAP Accounting, Auditing Standards, and other accounting and financial reporting rules for public companies.
- Experience and knowledge of Internal audit standards, specifically risk assessment processes
- Strong audit skills including experience developing the methodology for audit programs and work papers
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Superior project management skills
- Experience in process analysis and documentation techniques including narratives and flow charts
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word. Access, SQL and ACL would be a plus.
- Creating and managing the Department budget
- Creative thinking when solving problems and facing challenges
- Ability to work with big picture/high level concepts, ideas and directions
- Innate curiosity and critical thinking ability
- Ability to work independently, self motivate and multi-task to meet deadlines
- Ability to prioritize and be highly productive/efficient
- Detail oriented and organized
- Ability and desire to solve problems and innovate/improve upon current conditions
- Quick learner with good follow-through
- Excellent people management skills and the ability to mentor and motivate staff
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, especially when directed at executive management and the Audit Committee
- Strong inter-personal skills to deal with people across all areas of the organization
Preferred Skills/Qualifications (but not required)
- Industry experience in a finance, accounting or audit position
- IT audit experience, especially in the area of IT General Controls as it relates to Sarbanes-Oxley 404 requirements using the COBIT framework
- Data analytics using ACL
Travel may be required up to 20% of the time depending on the project assignment. Some travel will be on short notice as special assignments arise.
SP+ is an equal opportunity employer committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability or other classes protected by federal or state law. SP+ does not tolerate harassment of or retaliation against any employee or applicant on the basis of these characteristics, or because the individual exercised his or her EEO rights.